Monday, June 18, 2018

Xaxim Week 3

So this week has been hard. So for those of you who don´t know, here it is winter and flu season, so guess what? Elder Verdugo and I have gotten sick. He got it first about half way through the week, then I got it on Saturday. We are both still feeling it. Another thing that you all might now know is that the World Cup has started, and here this is like the Olympics, but a little bigger. Literally everyone is watching when Brazil plays. Schools stop, workers are sent home, and people don´t go to church just to watch the game. It is pretty intense, but then there are the lowly missionaries who aren´t allowed to watch the game, so we are going to be out of a lot of work this month. Thankfully our most interested investigator isn´t that in to soccer so it is a little easier to teach him, but not when Brazil is playing.

Anyway the work has been a little slower here. We are trying to find new people to teach, but because we are a little closer to the center of Curitiba, the people here are a little more to themselves which makes it hard for them to accept our message, but we are working with Valdemar who will be baptized on June 30th. He is making good progress, and is very open to our message. Also we are teaching Túlio who is friends with a coworker/ who is a member of the church. The sad thing is that Túlio broke his arm playing soccer this week, so he is in the hospital, and will have a surgery soon, but he is very interested and open as well.

I am learning a lot about God, and I really know that he doesn´t give us things that we can´t handle. How do I know this? Because as I become a better , things get harder. Why? because now I can handle it.

Anyway have a good week, and just know that I am rooting for Brasil to win the World Cup, and it doesn´t have anything to do with the mission rule that we have to root for Brasil.

Pics
-first bunch My house (I do pull ups on the stair case😉)
-Me and my new brazil jersey 🎉
-The group that went with me to finish off vista things​
















No comments:

Post a Comment