Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Jardim Ipê Week 6

So first I will start off with transfers. So I am staying in Jardim Ipê, but Elder Sousa was transferred. Elder Herlin, and Elder Salazar stayed. My companion is Elder Alvarado, and he is the new district leader. He is from Chile, and he is from the same group as Elder Armenta. He speaks good Portuguese, and he is trying to learn English. He is good, and is more on the quiet side like me, but he doesn´t have a problem talking when he should. He knows how to do a rubics cube, and yeah... Also Elder Armenta is in my zone now! So that is cool.

Anyways this week was good. We had the baptism, which was really good, and our long time investigator, marked his marriage for September 9, and he will be baptized that same day. We didn´t have a lot of opportunities to visit our investigators, and we haven´t been able to meet with them. 

I had a division this week with Elder Henderson, and we taught a lesson in English. It was really hard, but it was one of the most spiritual lessons that I have taught. We taught a Brazilian that has been studying English for 7 years. They gave him a book of Mormon in English, and on the division we taught him. I was really good because everyone was really focused on what they were going to say, so it was easy for the spirit to give the words to them. 

On transfers, I went to the mission office at 11 am to drop off Elder Sousa. They had said the day before that my companion would get there at 2 pm, but when I got there they said 3 pm. So I waited, but the bus they were supposed to take got delayed so he didn´t arrive until about 5:30 pm, and then there was confusion, so we didn´t get back to our area until 6:30 pm. So that is why I am a day late writing today. 

That is pretty much everything, but this week I learned more about humility, and charity. I learned that they go hand in hand. If you have one, you need the other as well. You can´t love someone, but rely on yourself, or love yourself more. If you have charity, then you have to have humility, and if you have humility you have to have charity. If you have only one it is a lor harder to keep it, then when you have both. 

I love especially Moroni 7:44,45 and 48

Thank you all for the support, and please remember to have charity. 

-- Élder Pettingill

So there are some pics of me and Elder Sousa, and me, Elder Sousa, and Elder Gutierraz. There is also of the snickerdoodles I made which have been given the name poop dog, because Elder Salazar heard the name wrong. Also there is a pic of coxinha. Also one of our zone.








No comments:

Post a Comment