Monday, December 18, 2017

Borda do Campo Week 12

So this week has been good. We had the Christmas Conference which was cool, and I got my Christmas packages, (Thanks mom!.) We had a talent show, and a white elephant which both were fun. I participated in the talent show by singing Glorious in a bunch of different voices. Also a lot of other people sang hymns, and played instruments which was really cool. There were only 2 things that weren´t singing or playing a hymn. Mine, and some sisters that did poems. I had to start two times because I had a power point with it, and so the first time the person who was switching the slides got mixed up, but it went well, and everyone liked it. Then we had the white elephant. Everyone had to bring a 10-20 real ($3 to $6) gift. We played, and it was fun. I went third, and got a pink journal, and didn´t get to switch until the end when someone stole it, and so I stole a big egg that glows different colors. It was pretty interesting. There was also a pinata, and that was cool. Elder Curbelo and I made T-Shirts for President and Sister Cuvelier conjugating the name Cuvelier in Portuguese. They liked it, and President showed it to everyone at the end of the conference. All in all, it was good.

Then we worked the rest of the week, and God blessed us with some more people to teach. We had the Branch Christmas party that was also good, and on Sunday Elder Curbelo gave a talk in the place of someone who didn´t come, which was really fitting since it was his last Sunday in the branch.

Transfers-
I stayed in Borda do Campo, and my new companion is Elder Gomes from Rio de Janeiro. He has 1 year and 5 months on the mission, but I am the senior companion. He´s been a member for 4 years, and the missionary that baptized him is from Sacramento California.

Merry Christmas, and have a good week!

-- Élder Pettingill

Photos: So the first one is of the T-Shirt that we made, and how they are wrapped to give to President and Sister Cuvelier. Then there are a bunch of pics from the Christmas conference. There is President Cuvelier, Sister Cuvelier, Elder Curbelo, and I using the T-Shirts we made with the other missionaries behind us. Then there is the nativity that my mom sent with some presents, and the temple recomend holder, and the egg that I got from the white elephant. Also Pres. Cuvelier Sister Cuvelier, and I for the christmas conference

















No comments:

Post a Comment