Monday, May 22, 2017

Ferraria Week 11

So this week was transfers, because it was a five week transfer. I am staying in Ferraria with Elder Armenta. We didn´t work as well this week, and we had some problems getting from one place to another because of the size of our area, but everything is okay. We finally did this thing with contact paper that all the missionaries here do with our daily planners. They cut out pictures from what I think is the Ensign. It is called the Liahona here, so I don´t know for sure. It could just be called the Liahona in the states as well. Anyway we put those pictures on with glue then we use the contact paper to make them stronger, and so they will stay.

This week we have done a lot of walking. When we go from one end of our area to the other we generally try to take the bus, but on Saturday we missed the bus, so we had to walk for almost 2 hours to get there which took up a lot of time in the day. 

I have learned this week that we need to be better at taking control of the conversation, because we have talked with a few people that really like to talk so we stayed there longer than we should have. It is hard trying not to be rude, but at the same time talk about the gospel, and still talking about their lives as well. We are working on that, and the study we have been doing has helped out as well.

So I will be wearing crocs for the next transfer, because of my foot. We went to the doctor this week, and they said that they won´t have to opperate on it, but it will take about a month and a half to heal, so I have to wear crocs for this whole time. I cut the socks that were just normal black socks so that I can still wear socks. I have to keep the toe uncovered.

I am still trying to learn portugues, but it is hard to always talk in portugues when your companion speaks english, but we are trying to not talk in english. 

I am trying to get the first group of letters finished (the list of people that you sent me with mom) so that I can send them, but it is hard when p days are really busy. 

I will end with an expansion of the analogy of the wise man and the foolish man. When we read the story of the wise man, and the foolish man sometimes we miss the point that both of them took the time to build houses. If we only are founded on Jesus Christ, but we don´t take the time to build our testimonies then it won´t help us at all. So we need to take the time to say our prayers, and read our scriptures. When we do this, we build our house brick by brick day by day, and THEN we can withstand the temptations of the devil. I know this is true because I have seen it in my own life, and in the lives of my investigators already. 

I love you all, and I am so grateful for your support.

-- Elder Pettingill

Pictures: So there is a picture of the Ward Mission Leader, and a recent convert, the 50 cookies that we made, some before and after pictures of our hair cuts. One of the recent converts cut our hair. He is in one of the pictures (he is the one that looks older). He also showed me how to cut hair with scissors.








No comments:

Post a Comment