Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Jardim Ipê Week 2

So this week went by really fast. Also this transfer has been going by really fast as well, but it has been really good. We had a baptism this Saturday, Daniela. She is part of a family that Elder Sousa is really close to. It was good, but because of some confusion there weren´t a lot of people there. Sunday was good as well, and I had two divisions this week. One with Elder Gutierrez, a Mexican from my group that still has a thick accent, and was trained in my area; and one with Elder Salazar who is in the 4 missionaries in our house so it was less exciting. I learned a lot more about faith, and about when you really have faith then you can do anything. There is a verse in the Book of Mormon that talks about that, but I forgot where it is. Also I learned about what I can do to be a better missionary.

Also this week we went to the temple, and I think it was the best experience that I have had yet in the temple. It was absolutly amazing. 

First to respond to your questions mom, we had to wake up a 4:30am to get there early for the 9am session. It didn´t help that it was 2 degrees C this morning. We only did 1 endowment. We went there and after ate lunch then went to the bookstore to buy things that we needed. It was in Portuguese because everyone speaks (or should learn to speak) Portuguese. Although if you wanted you could use headphones for the translation. Also I saw sister Miller from my district in the ctm at the temple. So Elder Sousa likes to joke a lot, but we have already had some really good moments so I like him a lot. I haven´t been cooking that much because I haven´t had time, but I will soon.

When I went in the temple before the session I felt really good, and I just focused on the feeling I was feeling, and I felt amazing.So This past week I have been a little discouraged because everyone in my house has a lot more time on the mission, and so I have been thinking more about the fact that I still have a lot of time left on the mission, and so I have been a little discouraged. So after the session in the temple I was just thinking, and praying, and I just felt Heavenly Father´s love for me. There was a Book of Mormon next to me, and I felt like I should read a bit. So I flipped to Alma 39 and started reading at vs 13. It was exactly what I needed to feel. I felt so much better about the mission, and about life. I am excited to really strive to be a better servant of the Lord, and really help his children come unto him. I love the Lord, and all the he has done for me, and the opportunity that I have to raise my voice and proclaim the gospel of Christ. 

Thank you all for your support.

-- Élder Pettingill

​So there are pics here of our district meeting, also of the temple and all the the elders in my house using scarfs (because it was cold, and 3 are mine) Also there is of the baptism this week, and of a member's house that was really cool.




















No comments:

Post a Comment