Monday, July 31, 2017

Jardim Ipê Week 3

So today is officially 6 Months on the mission! I am 1/4 of the way through my mission! I can´t believe this, it is too strange to think about. Also it doesn´t seem like I have been here very long.

Anyway this week has been good. I have been learning a lot more about making contacts, and teaching lessons better. It is starting to feel like Elder Sousa is my third trainer. Anyway we met a family this week that is really good, and that I think will be baptised. We have been working this week to find new people to teach, and we have had some success, but we are going to do more things to really focus on finding more people to teach. 

;"> We met a family this week that just moved into our ward. They have a launchonette which is basically a fast food restaurante so we went there for almoço when we got money. They made us a huge lauche that was really good. I will send a pic of it next week, but it was really good, and suprisingly only Elder Salazar didn´t finish it completly. I had been fasting before it so I think that is why I could finish it

We had another division this week that was really cool. I got to really take the lead in my area. We found some good people, and taught some good lessons. Church on Sunday was really good, and I was asked to bare a 5 minute testimony, and that was really cool. I am really renewed each week on Sunday, and I am so glad for the opportunities to learn, and to teach people every week here is Brazil. I learning so much, about being a better person, and about representing Christ in the best way that I can. I am so grateful for all your support, and I am glad to be here in Brazil, speaking português, and helping people come unto Christ. 

Até mais (See you),

-- Élder Pettingill

No comments:

Post a Comment