Monday, October 9, 2017

Borda do Campo Week 2

So this week was good. I have seen a lot of miracles this week. I have started to write all the miracles down in my journal, but I don´t have it here with me to remind me of what it has in there.

So we had a zone conference this week and it was really good. We talked about goals, and the area books that we need to be updating every day. It was really cool, and I learned a lot from the things that we did there. I am really motivated to help out this branch here, and to do my best work for the Lord here in Borda do Campo.

Also I got a package from my Mom, with root beer flavoring packets and we are now putting them in these bottles that have carbonated water that they have here. Also I would like to give a shout out to the Folsom 3rd Ward Young Women that made a contribution. It was very fun to see that, and all the things that it had. I also got numbers for my hair cutting clippers, so I cut my hair. (see the pics). There were also a lot of treats and snacks that I am very grateful for along with pics of Mozzie (my dog). It was very fun to get all those pics. Thank you all.

This week we have been visiting a lot of less actives, and looking for others. We are helping out the ones that are less active rebuild, remember, or build their testimonies. There are 274 members in the branch, but only about 50 go to church. I am still finding out the details why, but we are going to help these people get over it.

Also I had an experience with cutting my hair this week. If you didn´t know or didn´t perceive I cut my own hair, but there is a part that I can´t really do by myself. This is the last part of cutting hair. So I had Elder Curbelo do it. It was late at night, and after I had taken a shower I was looking at the back part through some mirrors, and there was a part that was done badly. I was frustrated, but I prayed, and decided I would try to fix it with the help of the mirrors I had. I couldn´t get a good angle to do it so I decided to try it just by feeling with my hands. I was praying a lot while I did it, but everything turned out fine, and I was able to do it, and I know that it was Heavenly Father that guided my hand so that I could know that he loves me, and is there to help me with the small things that I am worried  about. I love how he picks the ways that we will recognize that he is there to help us. I am very grateful to be here serving the Lord in this branch.

Thank you all for the support.

--Élder Pettingill

So here are the pics this week. There are three of the hair cut that I gave myself when I finally got the hair cutting guards to do that. It was A LOT of hair. (as you can see.) Also there is a pic thanking the Folsom 3rd Ward for the things that they sent in my package. It was cool to get. Also there is one of our first District meeting with the transfers. There is Me and Elder Alvarado with the new ties we got. Elder Curbelo and I with a pizza we bought. Also I found a knock off Kool-Aid here. It was pretty funny to find. ​











No comments:

Post a Comment