Monday, October 16, 2017

Borda do Campo Week 3

Well this week was good, and interesting at the same time. I ate chicken heart for the first time--that wasn´t that interesting, but hey. We have been working a lot with less actives here, and I think some will start to come to church again soon. Also we have been working with a man called Ricardo. He had a baptismal date for the 28th, but he needs to get married so that will slow it down, but he wants to get married, and be baptized because they are commandments. He is a very good person. Also we have been talking with a youth called Douglas. Practically everyone in his family is baptized except him, and his brother, but we still haven´t been able to talk with the rest of his family. He has already prayed, and received a testimony. The only problem is that his Dad doesn´t like the church (he isn´t a memeber.) I don´t know why, but Douglas doesn´t really want him to know about him talking with us or going to church with us. Anyway that is cool. 

We had a division with the ZLs. I went to the other half of my old area, and Elder Curbelo stayed in Borda with one of his old companions that is a ZL now. It was good, and it helped me really get better at teaching and planning. It helped Elder Curbelo as well from what I have seen. 

I don´t really have any funny stories except Elder Curbelo bought a guitar, and now he is playing it a lot. (Every day before and after working). It is nice, and a little funny at the same time. I didn´t take any pics this week, but I will try to send some next week

I hope that you all are doing well, and thank you for the support

Stay in the gospel (it´s the better way!)

-- Élder Pettingill
This is a picture of Elder Herlin and Elder Pettingill from their division. They shared the butterfinger that we sent, which is Elder Herlin's favorite candy. So his mom shared the picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment