Monday, November 27, 2017

Borda do Campo Week 9

So this week was good. We started the #LighttheWorld program here with the zone conference where we got the materials, and then we showed the introduction video in the church on Sunday. It is really cool to do. It is called #SejaALuzDoMundo here, which means Be the Light of the World.  Also we have been working a lot with a Man named Ricardo, who has been an investigator since I got here. He was one of the first people that we found. He went to church for the first time this Sunday; it was the primary program. His daughters participated in the program, and he went with his mom who is also an investigator. His wife had to work.

We had Eunice´s baptism this week which was really good, and went well. Eunice is elect. She is the mom of a recent convert, and out of nothing wanted to be taught. I am so happy to be able to help people here. Also she ``adopted´´ us so now I have two moms. haha. Anyway I don´t have a lot of time to write a whole lot.

I hope that you all can be a light to the world this December.

Tchau!

-- Élder Pettingill

So about these pics, first there is Elder Curbelo and I when we went to renew my visa. Then there is us at the birthday party of a member. Then there are the cookies that I made. After that is our hammocks. Then the pics from Channel Hill, (which is really a moutain.) Note about that is that now we know that we shouldn´t have done that, but we thought it was a hill. Also the last pic is of Elder Curbelo´s shoes after the hike. After that is me with a tie from an Elder that asked me to thin it, so before giving it back I took a pic. Then there is me making pancakes. After that is our zone shirts of the Book of Mormon. Then is the Eunice´s baptism.

Answers to a few questions:

Do you sleep in the hammocks? No, we tried one night, but it felt too much like camping, so we didn´t make it through the night. 

Did you celebrate Thanksgiving? No, nobody celebrates it here.The only thing that they have is Black Friday, which we noticed when we got milkshakes on Saturday. 

Why did you say you shouldn't have gone on the hike to Channel Hill? Well, in the missionary hand books it says that we can´t do mountain climbing, probably because it is very easy to get hurt, but we have to climb hills in every area that is built on hills, so I think a hill would be okay. 

Are you getting tan since it is so sunny now? I don´t think that I am getting very tan, at most I am just burning. I am trying to use sunsceen every day, but I forget.







 











They called this the Lion King hill. This pictures shows why. :)











No comments:

Post a Comment