Monday, November 6, 2017

Borda do Campo Week 6

So this week was transfers, and nothing happened. I am stil here with Elder Curbelo which means that I will probably stay here for the next transfer as well (but it isn´t garenteed.)

So this week was a good week. The only thing is that Halloween isn´t really celebrated here so I didn´t even notice that it went by (that was really strange to realize.) We have been working a lot this week. This week I made Elder Curbelo the ``senior`` companion for the week so that he can prep better for one day being the senior. It was good. We have been contacting more references this week and that went well. We found a lot of people that are really good, and really prepared to receive the gospel. We have been well received in these homes, and the work is moving along. The mission president hopes to turn this branch into a ward in December, and the Lord is helping us help him make that happen.

I had an experience really cool. So one day we were going to contact a reference from a missionary that already served here a little while ago, and we ended up finding Benedito. He talked with the missionaries some time ago, and ever since has been reading, and praying to know if the book of Mormon is true, but he hasn´t received an answer yet because he had been hoping for a dream as an answer. Anyway we started to teach him, and I had the weirdest deja vu. I know that I had been there before, and that I had talked with him before. He had a lot of questions and doubts, but I think that we were able to resolve most of them. I know that for some reason I am here teaching this man. SO I would just like to testify that mission presidents are inspired, and that God loves his children. How this story relates I don´t know exactly, but I think that I knew this man before this life, and that if only for him I am here. So this makes sense to me, and I wanted to share this with all you.

I don´t know if I told you, but this area, and Jardim Ipê are in a city called São José dos Pinhais. This area is a poorer area that is also unusually focused on spiritual things so that is really good. I don´t feel unsafe here. Please pray for the branch here. We want a lot of people to come back to church, and we are having a lot of difficulty visiting all the people that need our help here.

 We will be going to the temple probably in the next transfer.

We have been teaching a lot, and helping a lot of people here in Borda do Campo, and the experiences that I am having every day are testifying to me that God is real, and that he lives. Jesus Christ is the son of God, and that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and we can come closer to God by studying it.

Thank you all for the support, and have a good week.

-- Élder Pettingill

This is of the Family Home Evening that we did with one of the sisters in the ward. Also there is a pic of our investigator Ricardo. Also, these are pics from the jeopardy activity that we did with the Branch this week which included ping pong.








No comments:

Post a Comment