Monday, November 13, 2017

Borda do Campo Week 7

So this week wasn´t the best week. I think that part of it is because I haven´t gotten a new daily planner yet, (because of some problems, and some imperfections.) Anyway, we haven´t planned the best this week, (I am the one that is more organized in the companionship.) I have faith that this week will go well. We visited Benedito again this week, and I had more deja vu. I don´t really know what to make of it.

Also we have a family that we are teaching this week that was a reference of the new Relief Society President. It is a friend of the member who had heard a lot about the missionaries through her friend, but the missionaries had never actually gone there. It was a strange experience because we ``knocked`` the door the first time, and her son came out, and we marked a different day. It was an experience like when missionaries had already been there, so we thought that we weren´t the first ones. We came back again, and the mother came out, and let us in without really talking to us (another sign of missionaries having been there before.) We started to talk, and we realized that the reason she was so open was because she had already heard a lot about the missionaries from her friend. We were amazed at how much they knew without talking to the missionaries. We are now teaching Vanderlei (the dad), Adelia (the mom, and the reference), Leonardo (the youngest son), and we will teach Vinicio who is the oldest son who wasn´t there when we talked with them the first time. This really was an example to me of how much the members can do to prepare people to accept the missionaries. Our job is to teach, but we can only do that if we have people to teach, and it is a lot easier to teach someone who has a friend who is a member. 

That was a long story, but I  all of you to talk a little bit more with people about the gospel or about the missionaries. It is something so simple, but it helps so much.

 I am grateful for all of the things I am doing here, and for the people I am getting to know. Thank you all for the support.

 --  Élder Pettingill

No comments:

Post a Comment