Monday, January 15, 2018

Borda do Campo Week 16

Well this week was interesting. So this week was a lot of ``what are we going to do?´´ This isn´t exactly the best question for missionaries to ask, but sometimes it is necessary. There were a lot of things that fell through this week. It was sad, and it didn´t help that this week for some reason I was angry and negative, probably because I was tired. That continued until Sunday evening. We went to teach a man named Alison. Well I got into explaining something, and then I felt the spirit, and as we say here in Brazil, he gave me a quemadinho, which basically means he burned me with my own words. That was alright because I was able to focus, and feel the spirit for the rest of the day, and get out of the bad attitude that I was in. Moral of the story, the Lord knows what he is doing.

Anyway, this week Elder Gomes and I did a thing where every day we made a list of the things that week we're grateful for. It was cool to see that when you really focus, and think of the things for which you are grateful, you find that it is easier than you thought it would be. I totaled the combined list made--162 things for which we were grateful. That is 162 things per person so yeah. It was really good to see the different things for which we were grateful. I will send pics of the lists next week. We did this in remembrance of President Thomas S. Monson and when he said that we should develop an attitude of gratitude, so I invite all of you to find some way to be a little more grateful for the things that you all have received from God.

Thank you all for the support, and have a good week.

-- Élder Pettingill

-The legos that we got for christmas, and the adjustments that I made.
-Pizza
-Here in Brazil they have a thing called missionary tea which is like a baby shower, but for people who are going on a mission. The missionary makes a list of the things they need, and people go to this event, and give them the things. Anyway they had one for a sister going to Santos, São Paulo, so we went to support and talk to any non member that went. This is the pic from that.


No comments:

Post a Comment