Monday, January 22, 2018

Borda do Campo Week 17

So one thing that I am really learning is that there is no umbrella that can stop Brazilian rain storms. If you are walking, even with an umbrella, the best thing to do is just find shelter.

We are doing a bunch of cleaning today, so we are on later. It is good to do a good cleaning job once in a while, and transfers are next week, and I don´t want to leave the house really dirty.

So first I will answer the questions.
-When do you get to go to the temple again?
I am fairly certain that we will go during the next transfer
-Do you feel safe there? Have you had any scary experiences?
So I do feel safe, or at least I don´t feel in danger. Sometimes there are scary things that happen, like you hear a gunshot at night, but it is really rare, and nothing happens with us.
-Do you walk as much in this area as in your past areas?
Yes. So far all of my areas have been very big. we walk a lot here, and there are a few hills.
-Do you ever take public transportation or just walk?
we take buses when we need to go to the district meeting, but other than that, no.
-What do the members usually feed you? Do you have lunch or dinner with them every day?
So generally what we eat is rice, black beans, chicken (of some sort), some type of pasta, and a salad of lettuce, tomato, and/or onion with vinegar, and salt as a dressing. They don´t really believe in salad dressings here. 😉

Anyway one thing that I learned is that we really need to give references to the missionaries, especially our friends. We met with some new people this week, and the major part of them were references. One was a contact that some sisters made, and the others were friends of a sister that is leaving on a mission to São Paulo, that we contacted at her mission send off thing. Anyway they are nice people, and I think they will make progress. Anyway I don´t have much time.

I love you all, and I am so grateful for the support.

--Élder Pettingill

so the pics are of the grateful list that Elder Gomes and I made last week

No comments:

Post a Comment