Monday, January 29, 2018

Borda do Campo Week 18

Well this week was good. Elder Gomes and I spent the week joking and ``counting down´´ the days until transfers. Also this week I reached my one year mark on the mission. I didn´t do anything special for it, but that´s okay. Anyways we did work hard. There is one investigator, Alersson, that I hope gets baptised. I am excited for this transfer, and I have a lot of hopes. I was transferred to Parigot de Souza which is in Curitiba. It is my fourth area, and my first that really is located in Curitiba. It looks like the area is good, and I am excited to work here. I want to work well, and I plan to do everything that I can to be obedient, and work with Elder Morais (my new companion.) I am learning a lot about how we have to choose to be obedient in every way possible, and that we have to do everything that we can to work.

I hope that you all have a great week.

-- Élder Pettingill

Some questions I asked him:

Tell me about the area: So this area looks pretty good. It has a street with a bunch of stores. Also there are 4 missionaries, but they live in 2 different houses, and they are trying to move to save money.  There are some investigators that sound like they are making progress, and I heard that the sisters in the ward are really nice. It is a higher class area than the other areas that I have served.

Are you farther or closer to the mission office? A lot closer. I am in Curitiba now, and not at the edge of the world. This is my first area that is really in Curitiba so it will be interesting. 

Tell me how transfers work: So with transfers, we get a phone call Sunday night from the ZLs, and they tell us the transfers, so generally you don´t talk with president. Also I had 3 transfers there, and you don´t generally stay more that 3 transfers in an area. 

Tell me about your new companion: 1 year and 3 months. I don´t know a whole lot about him because we have only been together for a few hours, but he will study law after the mission.
Do you know the other two missionaries in the area? I know one now. He is he is Brazilian and he is new with 3 months on the mission. He will train so we don´t know who the other missionary is yet.

Fotos:
-1 year on the mission, and the corners of my planners. 
-Elder Gomes with a pine tree
-The new tie that I got when I traded ties with Elder Fretes on the divison
-Me in my hammock




No comments:

Post a Comment