Monday, March 5, 2018

Parigot de Souza Week 5

So this week was good. So first off, I have been reading in the war chapters in the Book of Mormon. I read basically the rest of the Book of Mormon looking for a story that I remembered. Actually this is the second time in my life that this has happened. I finished Alma, and I was a little confused because I didn´t read this story. Then I read Helaman, then Ether, because they have some war stories as well, but I didn´t find it. Then I read Mormon, and the beginning of 3rd Nephi. I didn´t find it. So then I started looking for this story with the topical guide. I could remember the story, but I didn´t know where in the Book of Mormon it was. Could I somehow have missed it? I looked, and looked, until I found a foot note on the word ``strategy´´ in the book of Alma at the beginning of the war chapters that took me to Judges 7, and there I found my story. I thought that it was so funny that this search had me reading the Book of Mormon every chance that I had to find this part, and I wasn´t just reading, because I didn´t want to miss out on inspiration. So I almost finished the Book of Mormon for the first time in Portuguese starting in Alma 40 +/-, and all I have left is half of 3 Nephi, and Moroni.

Anyway apart from that I learned more about faith this week, and trusting in the Lord. I am really having to trust in the Lord to overcome the difficulties that I am having with talking with people, saying what I think/want, etc. So I have studied faith a lot this week. Well the war chapters are a great example of faith, and so I learned a lot about trusting in the Lord, and everything will turn out fine. Also I had a great experience this week about trusting in the Lord to tell me what to say. We were going to teach an investigator this week, but it was basically to drop them. As we were going there, I had no idea what I was going to say. So I remembered what I had studied, and decided to trust in the Lord. When we got there and started to talk with her, I knew exactly what I needed to say. I didn´t know why, but it was what I felt. We had a good lesson, and didn´t end up dropping them yet. We left some things for them to do so that we could see if they wanted to progress or not. I know that what I felt was inspiration from God.

I hope you all have a good week, and remember to trust in God.

-- Élder Pettingill

1,2,3- my shoes
4- pizza




No comments:

Post a Comment