Monday, March 26, 2018

Parigot de Souza Week 8

So this week was good. So the weather here is getting pretty crazy. It is the transition between winter and summer so every day is a little different. Sometimes it is a little closer to summer and other days it is a little closer to winter. So on Tuesday I did a division with Elder Sousa (ex comp) in his area. It was good, and we worked in a part of his area that has never been visited by missionaries. It was a good day, and we were able to do a lot of work. Wednesday was normal. We are preparing Bianca and her mom Jane to be baptized. Bianca already has a testimony, and now we are working on teaching the lessons to her, and help Jane receive a testimony. Also this week we have been working with a NTM which means not everyone is a member. Basically he is Alfredo, a 10 year old kid whose parents are less active members. We are working with them so that Anderson, Alfredo´s father, will be able to baptize Alfredo. Everything is going well with them. On Thursday with had a zone conference for Easter. It was really good, and we studied about the symbolism of Christ´s resurrection. It really helped me remember more about the sacrifice that Christ made for all of us. It is really a wonderful blessing for us to be able to remember him and the sacrifice that he made, and to use the atonement to come a little closer to him.

--Élder Pettingill

We received pictures and a video, plus messages, from the mother of Alfredo who is preparing to be baptized. They had Elder Pettingill and Elder Morais to Alfredo's birthday celebration and also for dinner. There is nothing like hearing that your son is being cared for by others to make you feel so grateful and happy. Josh's pictures from this week are below that. 

"It is a with lots of love that I receive them in my house. Thanks to them my son Alfredo will get baptized. He just turned 10 and is getting ready to be baptized in April. This is thanks to Your son and another Elder who are teaching him and helping him prepare. I take good care of them when they come over. I make yummy home-made food and even do Marmita.”

“Marmita is when I put the leftover food into containers and they bring it home. I do it so they don’t go without food. And don’t worry, as soon as Elder gets here I’ll tell him your message. Be with God, it’s a huge pleasure from the bottom of my heart to speak to you. And it’s a great pleasure to me when you respond. May Heavenly Father bless you and your family. Soon your son will be back with you. And congratulations, he is very very respectful. Well done.”



So these pics are of the new sole that I put on my shoes. The other one was coming off, so I went back to the place, and they changed it for free! Also of the sad situation of my favorite watch that I have had for more that 2 years (I think it is closer to 3 years). I gave it to a sister in the ward to take to a place to fix it in the center of Curitiba.








No comments:

Post a Comment