Monday, October 8, 2018

União da Vitória Week 7

So my new companion is Elder Lima. He is from a state here in Brazil called Paraíba, which is located in the northwest of Brazil. He is very cool, and I like working with him. He is a little shy like I was at the beginning of my mission, so that is similar to me. He has 8 brothers and sisters so his family is bigger than mine, but not all of them are members of the church.

This week was good. On Monday I spent the day helping out in the mission office, and talking with people in the street waiting for my companion to arrive. On Tuesday, I waited some more, and did some more contacts, until all the new missionaries got there. As the trainers, we had a training on being examples to the new missionaries and about some other aspects of training. After that we played a game, I think to break the ice, then President told everyone to hug who they thought were their companions, and everyone got it right. One Wednesday, we went to our area, and started working. We had splits with the zone leaders on Thursday  which was cool, and I learned a lot. We are working with some families that are making progress little by little.

General Conference was really good! I really loved feeling the spirit, especially with the hymns sung. It was really exciting hearing all the revelation, and really being able to testify that the church is guided by revelation. I really enjoyed the talk about the Book of Mormon. I know that reading it, and trying to understand God´s will for us is essential. I love how The Book of Mormon helps us to know the truth of this gospel. 

Thank you all for supporting me, and have a good week.

-- Élder Pettingill

No comments:

Post a Comment