Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Jardim Ipê Week 10

So this week was a good week. At the start of the week we had to cut some people because they weren´t progressing, or it was hard to find them at home. Anyway, one day at the beginning of the week I read in the bible somewhere about prayers. I read about how we should pray for everything; our jobs, our family, our interests, our problems, and any other thing we can think of. So I started to pray better. I started to really talk to God, and talk about my area, the help in the things that I would like help with, with my problems, and the things that I would like to work on. I saw a huge difference in my work, and with my sensitivity to the spirit. Heavenly Father helped me help other, find people to teach, he helped me learn, and he helped me in a bunch of different things. I really have felt the love that he has for me, and the love that he has for others, and I am sooooooooo grateful for the opportunity that I have to serve a mission, and to help people.

This week we had Nelson´s baptism. He has been investigating the church for a long time. The only thing that was impeding him was that he wasn´t married legally. He got married this week, and so he was baptized as well. It was so awesome to see a son of God making a covenant with him, and coming closer, as well. Now all we have to do is baptize his wife. ;) (Video of Elder Pettingill and the other missionaries in his apartment singing at the baptism). 

Anyway we also went to a parade for the independence day for Brazil. It was really cool, and I got to see Elder Porter, my companion in the CTM. We marched in the parade as part of the Helping Hands. The only bad part was that we had to wake up at 4am to get to the center of Curitiba for the parade at 7:30am. 

This next week will have a talent show that I will do magic in, and a fireside that the missionaries are organizing for the stake. I am really excited for everything, and I am so happy to be here in Brazil, speaking português, and serving the Lord. 

Thank you all for the Support. 

-- Élder Pettingill

Pictures: These are of the baptism, and my division with Elder Curbelo de Uraguay. Also one from the parade.






No comments:

Post a Comment