Monday, September 18, 2017

Jardim Ipê Week 11

Okay so this week was fun, but bad because we had a lot of things that took up our work time. We had the normal things for the week, but we also had a talent show, and a fireside. The talent show was good. I did a magic trick, and all the missionaries did a skit about missionary life. It was all good, but our things took up a lot of time. I have videos that I will send next week I think.

Anyway we found some people that I am excited to teach. We found one family that really accepted us because we talk about Christ, and we started teaching the daughter of a member that recently had a baby. It was really cool to be able to teach, and have people accept us. I hope that they will understand the importance of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

I don´t know if I have said this before or not, but being here in Brazil with all the different Christian faiths has made me realize something. There are a lot of ways that we can feel the Holy Ghost, and be happy. The problem is that in these other ways the happiness is only for this life. I like to use an analogy of the sun. There are a billion ways that we can go in the direction of the sun, and still feel the heat, and light of the sun, but there is only one way that we can take to really reach the sun. All the other ways will at one point lead us to darkness, and away from the sun, but if we really follow the right path we can reach the sun. This is how it is with Christ. If we are not following him in the ways that he taught, and in all the truths that his gospel teaches, then we will not reach him. We can feel the joy of his gospel, and we can feel happy, but if we don´t do things the way that Christ taught, one day that happiness will turn to darkness. This is explained in the third article of faith ```We believe that through the atonement of Christ all man kind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel.`` ``for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.`` -Acts 4:12. I know this to be true, and that is why I am serving a mission.
I am immensely grateful for this opportunity to serve, and to teach about Christ. 

-- Élder Pettingill

 These are more photos from the parade last week:




No comments:

Post a Comment