Monday, September 4, 2017

Jardim Ipê Week 9

So this week was good. We have been working with Nelson our investigator that will be baptised this week. He is really ready to be baptised, but he still needs to learn a few things. He came to church this week. Because of his work, it is hard for him to come to church sometimes, but we focused on the sabbath so that he understands what he is doing, and he is getting ready to be baptised.

We have been having difficulties with our other investigators, but we are trying to help them and we are trying to work with the ward to get things done. 

We had stake conference this week, and it was really good. There was a speaker that spoke about how we should think about who the Savior is to us, and about what he means to us. There was a different speaker that spoke about how we express our joy, and how we can try to recognize the joy that others have. It was a reallly good experience. 

This week we also have been visiting some of the recent converts here. I felt happy when one of them said that they are greatful for the visits of the missionaries. I am really happy that I can bring the joy of the gospel into the lives of so many great people. 

This week I read a scripture that I really like which is Alma 41:14 which says:

Therefore, my son, see that you are merciful unto your brethren; deal justly, judge righteously, and do good continually; and if ye do all these things then shall ye receive your reward; yea, ye shall have mercy restored unto you again; ye shall have justice restored unto you again; ye shall have a righteous judgment restored unto you again; and ye shall have good rewarded unto you again.

I really like this scripture because it talks about the kind of person that we should be. We don´t have to be good at sports or math, or anything else; we just have to judge righteously, and do good continually, and if we do this then we will be blessed in our lives. I know this to be true, especially since I have started helping people. I love that as missionaries we are called to serve, and the best way that we can serve people is helping them connect with their Heavenly Father again, and know the truths of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I love that I have the opportunity to serve here in Brazil, and I am grateful for all of your support. 

-- Élder Pettingill





No comments:

Post a Comment