Monday, April 2, 2018

Parigot de Souza Week 9

So this week wasn´t the best week for missionary work here. It was a normal Monday-Thursday for us except the rain that made it a little harder to work. I had two divisions this week. One on Tuesday, and one on Thursday. One of my goals as District Leader is to be able to do two divisions with every companionship in my district, so that I can work with every Elder that is in my District. I worked with Elder Azevêdo in his area on Tuesday, and with Elder Pinkney on Thursday in my area. Then on Friday we did a service project, and weekly planning that took up the whole day. Then on Saturday and Sunday we watched conference until 7 pm. We were planning on teaching some people at the church, but no one showed up which was sad. So we did other things while we waited in between the sessions. Anyway It was a good week, but not a very good week for the work, but that´s okay. Now we can use what we learned to make the next week a lot better.

It was a very good experience to be able to hear President Nelson speak (even if it was with a translator), and hear his testimony and guidance. There were so many good things that were spoken, especially about the spirit. The first session I thought had a theme of forgiveness, and the 3rd a theme of following the spirit, and receiving revelation. It was really good. I think that my favorite talk from this general conference was the one from Elder Uchtdorf about Contemplate the Savior. I had the experience to contemplate a little in that moment, and I felt the spirit, and I was comforted about some of the things with respect with the work here. I know that with the Savior´s help, everything will turn out fine.

I love the Savior, and I would like to add my testimony to all the testimonies that we heard this week, that I know that my Redeemer lives, and that he loves every one of us. I am immensely grateful for the sacrifice that he made for mankind. I know that when we think and contemplate him a little more, we open our hearts to his help. I know all of these things and I know that this gospel blesses lives.

Thank you all for the support and help, and have a great week.

-- Élder Pettingill

division with Elder Azevêdo and Elder Pinkney

No comments:

Post a Comment