Monday, September 3, 2018

União da Vitória Week 2

Hey everyone! So this week was good. So for all of you that don´t know what it is like to live in an apartment of 4 Elders, just imagine 4 18-21 year old guys living together, who have to be serious all day. Yeah as you can imagine it gets pretty crazy. The apartment is completely tile and so we have some bouncy balls that we throw at one another using the different walls to make it impossible to catch or dodge. The lunches are pretty funny as well because everyone (especially Elder Silva on Elder Carver's plate) puts food on each other´s plates even when we are done eating so that that person has to continue to eat. We are trying to keep it under control now.

Anyway the area is great here. There are some people who aren't very nice, but there are plenty of people who are very nice. We have been talking with everyone, and so we have been finding more people to teach this week. We are teach one young woman named Fernanda who is the sister of another person we were teaching, who moved. She is making progress along with Denise and Cadu, and Lucas and Carla who are relatives. Carla and Denise (sisters) and Cadu (Denise' son) Lucas (Carla's son). We are working a lot and learning a lot.

This week I learned about our desires. What we want determines who we become. If we want something enough we will make sacrifices so that we can have the thing(s) we want. In my case, I want the salvation of the people here, and I work, teach, am here in Brasil, talk with people even when I don´t want to, knock doors, do other things that I would otherwise not do, so that the people here can come unto Christ, and make a covenant (baptism with authority from God) that is necessary for their salvation. I know that what I am doing is VERY important in the lives of these people, and I invite everyone who is reading this letter to decide one thing that you can sacrifice for your desire for the salvation of someone.

Thank you all for the support and have a great week

-- Élder Pettingill

My blanket that I put buttons on, so that I can be a human burrito, while I sleep, when it is cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment