Monday, September 24, 2018

União da Vitória Week 5

So this week was very tiring. There was one day that we got home, and I couldn't even think, I was so tired. I guess that is what you get for working in the area that is very far away from where you are living. The good news is that we found the most people to teach in one week that I have found in a long time. Also we had a good working day on Sunday which also almost never happens.

What I learned this week is that when you work hard the Lord blesses you. Also if you seek the Lord you will find him. We had a baptism this week, well not us, but the sisters in the same branch, so I had the opportunity to interview him for baptism. He had changed a lot and it was really cool, the only thing was that everything went wrong with his baptism. No one had time to fill the baptismal font, and the member who was responsible for it was working. What got worse is that the font was filling very slowing because it has a problem that hasn't been fixed yet. Also the branch president was out of town during the baptism and a little before, so no one got in contact with him until the baptismal date. They forgot to announce the baptism the week before so almost no one knew that it happened until the Sunday after. But all in all he was baptized and confirmed a member of the church and that is what matters. I was really stressed and tired while we were trying to figure it all out and get the font filled, and so I went and said a prayer. I felt better the next day and I was able to focus and have a good Sunday. I was able to enjoy the baptismal service, and work well on Sunday. I know that is because Heavenly Father helped me and answered my prayer.

I know that when we sincerely ask the Father in the name of Christ, he answers our prayers.

Thank you all for the support and have a good week

#1 year 8 Months today!

-- Élder Pettingill

Pictures the mother of Elder Carver, one of the apartment Elders, posted on the mission Facebook page:


No comments:

Post a Comment