Monday, April 16, 2018

Parigot de Souza Week 11

So this week was a great week. So as I said in the last email, we went to the temple on Tuesday and it was really good! Well the temple is always good. Then on Thursday we had a mission tour with Elder Bassett from the Area Presidency of Brazil (I think that´s what it´s called). It was really good. Also he is from California, and he lives close to where I am from so that is cool. Also President Cuvelier knows him, and they are friends. He talked a lot about sacrifice. He explained that sacrifice is an eternal principal, and that Heavenly Father does it, Christ does it, so we need to do it as well. He explained that this is his work. One phrase that I really like from the conference was ``You will never regret to have been obedient.´´ It is really true. When we do what is right the consequences are good, and we don´t have regrets, but when we do what is wrong the consequences are bad. It was a really good conference. I also had the opportunity to have an interview with Elder Bassett. It was great, and he had a lot of advice about teaching people, and the way to teach. It was really a cool experience, and I don´t think that you get interviewed by a general authority, so that´s cool.

As I implemented what I learned at the mission tour we were really blessed. We were able to find lots of good people to teach. Also this next Sunday we will have a baptism. Alfredo is the son of a less active who is returning to activity in the church. He is ten years old, and he is basically ready to be baptized.

I am so grateful to be a part of this church where we can receive inspiration, and see and hear inspired people lead the work of the Lord.

Thank you all for the support, and have a great week.

-- Élder Pettingill

1 comment: