Monday, April 30, 2018

Vila Bela Week 1

So this week was a good week. So far I am liking the area, and my companion. So first a little bit about the area. So the people here are really good people! They are really open to talk with us, and so that is really cool. Also there is a supermarket here that reminds me of Costco so that is cool too. Elder Londoño is great. He is a little crazier than me so this transfer is going to be a blast. It really is good to work here. Also the members are really nice as well.

This week we have been without food in our house, and we have been trying to make it to p-day. Today we bought a bunch of food and other things, and after this we are going to clean our apartment some more so that it is nice, and we can feel the Spirit more there. I have been learning more about enduring to the end. Because I am the oldest mission wise in my district I am feeling very ´´old´´ and I am realizing how fast the time is passing. So I am really learning about enduring to the end. What that means is about being excited, and continuing to learn. As an imperfect person here on earth, we all can learn more, so we have to learn from everyone. We have to be meek. You also can´t let not knowing anything get you down. You have to keep going with steadfast faith in Christ, and you have to have hope and faith that one day you will know everything, but a big part about having hope and faith that one day you will know everything is to recognize, REALLY recognize that you don´t know everything, and that sometimes others know more than you. So basically you have to be humble and meek, and have faith and hope, to be able to endure to the end. That is the summary of what I learned this week.

Thank you all for the support.

-- Élder Pettingill

Group pictures from Elder Bassett's visit and the most recent zone conference, and also the April birthdays



No comments:

Post a Comment