Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Parigot de Souza Week 12

So this week was interesting. So this week was transfers, but before that it was a week of work. I had two splits this week. One with Elder Silva from Rio Grande do Norte, and one with Elder Neres frm São Paulo. This week was good. We were able to work well together even though it was the last week of the transfer. We had a baptism with Alfredo. It was great to see his dad baptize him, and return to activity in the church. There is a lot of work to do there in Parigot. We were teaching some other not-all member families, and the area was making progress.

Now the transfer. As I had 2 transfers in the area, and my companion had 3, we thought that he would be transferred, and that I would stay buuuut... no. I was transferred to Vila Bela Guarapuava which is what we call the interior, because it is the interior of the state, and in the middle of the wilderness. (I am not kidding, we had to take a bus there, and I felt like I was going to go camping because it was just trees.) The towns isn´t very wildernessy, but it is in the middle of no where. Anyway Guarapuava is a zone that is really big! So the zone has about 30 missionaries, but they are spread out through the west of the mission, with sometimes hours in between the pairs. So here it has been said that it gets hotter in the summer, and colder in the winter. also it has more mountains. We had to take a 5 hour bus ride to get here, and then go to our different areas (there are some areas farther away and closer.) The zone is a district (a bunch of branches--I don´t know why they don´t call it a tree... it would make more sense...😆) So all the areas are branches, but our area is close to becoming a ward. I don´t know how many members there are here because I haven´t been to church yet, but my companion says that it is around 65 more or less. So our house is really good. It is big, and has things. I will be organizing and cleaning it so that it looks all nice. One good thing about all this is that I will be going to the temple again on May 5 because this zone didn´t go the last transfer, and it will be an all day thing because we will be going and returning on the same day.

So my companion is Elder Londoño. He is from Colombia. He has been out for 8 months. This is his second area, and his first was Ferraria (which was also my first) in which he stayed for 4 transfers (6 months more or less) So it is funny because he is very crazy and fun, so this transfer will be a blast. I think that he might be crazier than me, and I don´t know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

So I am the District Leader here, but there are 3 companionships in my district. Mine, and 4 sisters, who all have less than 7 months in the mission field. Also the sister companionships live in different cities so every Tuesday we have to get up at 5am to go take a 1 hour (minimum) bus ride to the district meeting. Yep it´s special. This area is all on foot, though. We only have to take the bus to the district meeting.

The sisters in my district are
-Sister Baker from Idaho                           \ companionship
-Sister Nunes (Brazilian)  from (I forgot)  /
-Sister Giles  (American) from (I forgot)   \ companionship.
-Sister Olives from Rio Grande do Norte /

Anyway I have learned that the way that God does things really isn´t the way that men do things.

-- Élder Pettingill

-Division with Elder Silva
-Division with Elder Neres
-Elder Londoño and I on the bus
-Alfredo´s baptism.





No comments:

Post a Comment