Monday, July 2, 2018

Xaxim Week 5

It´s funny because everyone says that the first half of your mission is slower, and that after you hit the one year mark everything gets faster. This week especially, my companion has said that everything feels like it is going by faster than it has been, but for me I think that it just got fast straight out of the CTM and it just hasn´t slowed down. It feels like I have blinked-6 months, blinked again-1 year- blinked again- 1 year and 5 months. Basically time is flying by. Also this week I have had to change my plans. I was thinking that I would go home in December, because the next transfer would be after two years, then President called me and said that he asked the missionary department for permission to send me home in December, but they said no. So now I will probably go home in January or February... Yeah that´s weird...

So the baptism that was going to happen last Saturday, but he didn´t feel ready, so we remarked for this Saturday. We have a good plan to help him out, so I think it will be great.

So we were allowed to watch the game between Brazil and Mexico today! Brazil 2-0 Mexico! The only major rule about watching it was that we had to be rooting for Brazil (sorry Mexican missionaries.) That was not a problem for me.

I am learning a lot here it Brazil, and I will continue to learn.

Have a great week, and have a great world cup! GO BRAZIL!!!!!!!!!!

-- Élder Pettingill

1 comment:

  1. I bet Brazil is super excited over their recent win over Mexico! I need to check the roster to see who they are playing next! I was rooting for Japan!

    ReplyDelete