Monday, July 30, 2018

Xaxim Week 9

So this week was good, and I think it felt like a long time. I don´t know...

Anyway on Tuesday I hit my 1 year and 6 months mark! I am old..., also if I were a sister I would be going home right now if I weren´t already home. Anyway, we ate pizza to celebrate, and so that was good.

On Wednesday we had some interviews with President, and it was cool. My companion really needed it. He was a little discouraged about the mission, and the interview helped.

On Thursday we had a division with the Zone Leaders, and it was good. In our area, my companion, Elder Pereira, and one of the Zone Leaders, Elder Hammond, met with a golden family. Well I haven´t met them yet, but from what I have heard, it is a husband, wife, and child, who are MARRIED!!!! I don´t know if you all know this, but here it is a MIRACLE for people to be married before they meet with the missionaries. Anyway, the woman is sisters with a recent convert (1 year and a little so not really recent, but it is close) who moved here from the the north of Brazil. Actually they both moved here from there. Anyway they have been looking for a church to go to that is a little more quiet, and doesn´t have a whole lot of noise during the meetings, and that is focused on families. I am pretty sure that people like this normally only appear in fake situations. Anyway we are going to do everything to help them be baptized.

On Friday we worked normally, and nothing really exciting happened. We found some new people to teach, and worked.

On Saturday we met with Valdemar. We are once again trying to help him be baptized this Saturday. Let´s see how that goes. The thing about him is that he doesn´t feel comfortable about baptism yet.  Also we had a soup night in the ward, and Valdemar came.

On Sunday everything fell through, and we had to find other things to do.

Also I am learning a lot about how Heavenly Father works. He wants to help us, and sometimes he uses us to help others, then he gives us trials to help us. I have learned a lot that it is not easy to figure out his plan, and why he does all the things he does, but I know that when we are diligent and obedient, he blesses us.

Have great week.

-- Élder Pettingill

Questions:

How do you feel about your Portuguese now? Well I can speak well, and everyone understands everything that I say, and I don´t say things wrong that much, but I am not the best.

Who will teach the 'golden family'? Are they in your area? Yes they are in my area, and I don´t know them yet. We will teach them tomorrow.

In what ways do you think you have changed on your mission? The biggest things are that I eat a lot more, and I am a lot more open. I also am more humble, more patient. I have more confidence, I have learned a lot more, and my testimony is so much bigger. I have become more obedient, and diligent.

How is your Spanish coming? I don´t know. The problem is that I don´t have anyone to practice with anymore. I am trying to read the Book of Mormon, and learn new words, but I don´t have a lot of practice. It´s not too hard because it is so similar to Portuguese. I will keep working on it here. It is likely that I will have another Hispanic companion.

Pictures:

-1y6m Pizza
-the train station in our area.





No comments:

Post a Comment