Monday, July 9, 2018

Xaxim Week 6

Well, this week, wasn´t the best week in terms of the work, but we are getting better. Also it was very interesting.

So first off on Monday we had a family home evening with Valdemar, our investigator, and a member in the ward. Then on Tuesday we had a breakfast before the district meeting, so that took some more time as well. On Wednesday, we went to the temple with Valdemar, and taught him there, so that he could feel the spirit. Then because it was the fourth of July we ate pizza. Then on Thursday we had interviews with president to talk a little bit about when I would go home. He had given me three dates, and I had prayed about it and had basically picked. But it turns out that the date I picked was not really an option. Then I went into the interview, talked a little with him, and now I have to decide again out of the two options, but the most probable is that I will be going home on February 5. Also President said that I would probably stay with Elder Verdugo during the next transfer. On Friday we learned that Valdemar would be going on vacation this week end so we remarked the baptism for this week (third time's the charm, right?)

Also something new, that I think that I didn´t say in the last email, is that I am learning Spanish. It is a lot easier learning Spanish when I already know Portuguese because they are so similar in the words, and how you conjugate. I hope that I can be fluent by the end of my mission. (well not THAT fluent, but fluent.)

Okay, now about the transfer. So we were thinking that we would stay together this transfer (Elder Verdugo and I), but no. I stayed in Xaxim with my new companion Elder Pereira, and Elder Verdugo went to a place called Pioneiros, which I think is a neighborhood in a different city. Elder Pereira has 1 year and 3 months on the mission. He is from Maranhão which is where my trainer, Elder R Santos is from as well. I don´t know a lot about him yet, but I know that he likes to play yugi-o (cards). Anyway I have a lot of plans to help out this area, and make the last leg of my mission count the most.

I have learned so much so far, and I am ready to develop more skills, like decisiveness, and more charity, humility, faith, and boldness, which is really important for missionary work.

I am grateful to be able to serve the Lord. I am grateful for the support as well. Have a great week!

-- Élder Pettingill
Pics
-us at the temple with Valdemar. (I will send more next week because the computer isn´t taking my card today.)





No comments:

Post a Comment