Monday, July 16, 2018

Xaxim Week 7

So first off I will answer my parents´ questions --

Dad´s
-Since you taught at the temple, does that mean the temple is in your area?  If so, do you get to go more often?

So first of the temple is in my mission, but not in my area. Because it is in my mission, we can ask president if we can go there and teach, if we are in Curitiba, but that doesn´t mean that I will be able to go to the temple more often.

-How did everyone take Brazil getting upset by Brussels?

Yeah it was pretty sad, here. Also everyone was rooting for Croatia so it was sad again.

Mom´s
-Tell me about your area there. Is it right in the middle of the city? Is it close to the office?

So my area is about a 40 minute bus ride from the office, so isn´t that far, and it is in the middle of the city. Actually one of the area divisions is with Parigot de Souza which was my other area.

-How often do you see other missionaries, other than the sisters?

Only on zone conferences or other activities with more that the district like District Leader meeting.

-Are you serving in a branch or a ward? Are you the only missionaries in the branch or do the sisters attend there as well?

I am serving in a ward. I don´t think that there are any branches in Curitiba. There are some in the suburbs. Also my ward is the only ward the attends our chapel.

-Is there anything unusual about this area compared to other places you have served?

Well one thing new is that in the keys to our house there is an electronic car key to open the gate to the condominium. We live in some houses within a gate, and this gate has a motor to open it.

-I see that you are always wearing sweaters now. Is it pretty col

It has been cold, but it is getting warmer, then it will get colder, then warmer again. The weather here is pretty wacky.

Okay so now I will start the rest of my email. So first off about my companion.
His is from northwest Brazil, and the same state where my trainer lives. Maranhão. He is 26 years old, and he likes yugi-o cards. Before the mission he would dance, like real dancing. He said that he already went on a TV dance competion. He was baptised when he was 14, and he is the only member of the church in his family. So far it has been great to work with him. I have been dragging him from one end of our area to the other this week, and he didn´t complain. Also he is helping me a lot as a missionary, and I think I am helping him as well.

This week has been a lot better than the past weeks. We are finally finding people to teach, and we are helping our investigators, and we have been teach a lot more people. We have been walking a lot as well, and I know that we will continue to walk a lot this week.

Well I have been learning a lot this week. I learned that when we are diligent, and obedient to God´s commandments we have access to the Lord´s blessings. Also I learned that really the best way for you to be able to help someone is to listen. Listen to them, and listen to the spirit. We had a District Leader meeting this week, and They talked a lot about the importance of the spirit. They said that the key to the work is listen to the spirit, then ask an inspired question, and if you do this the Lord will help you help them.

Thank you all, and have a good week.

--
Élder Pettingill

Pics
-Pizza with Elder Verdugo
-farwell Elder Verdugo
-My new companion Elder Pereira
-My new district
-Pizza with Elder Pereira







No comments:

Post a Comment