Monday, July 23, 2018

Xaxim Week 8

So this week was cool, and it went by really fast.

So I learned a lot more about my companion, and have grown a lot closer to him this past week, and so now we just have to do the best work possible!

On Thursday we had zone conferences and we had some changes about missionary work, but at the same time not really. They made an updated version of Preach my Gospel, but they only have it in English, so the full impact of the changes will only occur in December/January, basically when I am finishing up the mission, but I will have just enough time to get a new PMG I think. Anyway, so for us it just moved the names and the definitions of things, like district meeting is now district council, and investigators are now people being taught, so yeah.

We learned a lot about doing street contacts, and about the importance of goals, and the Book of Mormon, and about how it is the tool of the gathering of Israel. There are a lot of things that we talked about, about the specifics of missionary work. It was good.

We have been trying to incorporate members in our lessons more often, and this week we talked with Valdemar (the ``miracle baptism´´ with whom we have rescheduled the baptism a ton) with Tchiciano (our Ward mission leader), and I think the spirit finally touched him, to the point where he wants to be baptized. So we are planning the baptism for this Saturday, I hope that everything goes well.

Well today I learned how to make coxinha (see the pics I sent) so now I know how to make something very tasty that isn´t a desert!

Have a good week, and I hope that you all learn a lot like I am.

-- Élder Pettingill








No comments:

Post a Comment